Character Application Form Mar 30, 2018 13:09:10 GMT
Post by Immortal on Mar 30, 2018 13:09:10 GMT
Requirements for Applications
Requirements for Applications
What You Need
Does Sparkledog Nation require a specific form or registration for character creation? The short answer is no. We don't require you to use a certain format to post your character's profiles on our site. You can dress it up (or dress it down) however you want, and customize it to fit your specific character. The main thing that we look for are the necessary requirements that should be easily spotted in your application. Ensure your applications include everything on this list, and you're good to go!
- Character Name: Your application must include a character name and must be unique to your character unless you have received permission by all current player(s) of a character name. For example, is "Dayna" is already taken by Smeargle, you will need to message Smeargle and ask for permission to share the name. Derivations and unique spellings of the same or similar names to make the name different and unique is also acceptable. You can only "claim" the exact spelling of the name the character goes by.
Nicknames - Nicknames, call names, and unofficial names are not regulated and are allowed. Reserved names should be the names the character is most accurately known as, rather than a nickname they may also go by.
- Species - Your application must include the species of animal you character is. This can be in the scientific format or the common nomenclature. The only accepted species are currently living species of animals and Hellbeasts. Players must petition an application for a hellbeast through designated staff members, during times when hellbeast applications are currently being accepted.
- Weight and Height: You must include the height and weight of your character. Height and weights should fall within the normal spectrum for characters, and deviations from the norm should be petitioned to designated staff members. Staff will verify height and weight of a character with generally accepted dimensions for their species.
- Personality: This needs to paint a picture of who your character is and how he generally responds and acts/reacts towards other characters. It should be longer than a word or two, preferably two or more sentences in length. Bullet points are also accepted, as long as they paint a picture of the character.
- Description: - Simply describe what your character looks like, or provide a working image of what your character looks like. If you use an image to show us what your character looks like, you must receive permission to use the image for your character. Free-to-use stock photos of animals are generally permitted, but uniquely designed and drawn character art (unless made for your character and given expressed permission to use it) is not. Hellbeast will require a written out detailed summary of their unique physical appearance, and the strengths and weaknesses lent to them through their abnormalities for a completed profile.
- History - If your character has any accessories or has any pertinent information that needs a historical reference "check" for them, then their history is required. Characters who are created with any sort of IC knowledge (such as adopted characters) will require their history to be explained in their applications as well. Otherwise, this is optional.
Characters require a new character sheet posted whenever they are switching ownership from one player to another. This should be an update to both reflect the new player of the character, and credit the original creator of the character. Profiles should also credit every player or user who provided any information, including character concept, character images or design, or parts of written character sheet information. Applications must be fixed if they are marked for corrections, otherwise players can begin roleplaying with their characters as soon as they would like to.